Monday, January 21, 2013

Uttarayan

This night of Makar Sankranti
Its ebony blackness
Its licorice lustre
Its velvet texture
Granite breeze
Touches, caresses
Entices, ensnares
The burst of fireworks
Fills the skies
With raptures.
Vibrant stars
Flashes of light
The world’s bathed
In celestial light.

Myriad lamps
Sail with the kites
Glide and slide
Along the strings
Of our lives.
Higher, higher
Ever higher
Cinnabar corals
Their lights twinkling
Their  flames crackling
The skies on fire
Magical sight.   

To new vistas
To new dreams
To new wonders
To new lives
To new places
To new friends
To new loves
They drift
Wide eyed,
Langorous
Light.

Enchanted I gaze
In unadulterated delight
A little for my self,
A little for the world
At each moment
Rapture
At each moment
in flight.

Wonder sublime
Transcendent divine
Shamanic chants
The universe in this sky
Alight.
I look in peace
I close my eyes
Meditate
I pray
Such beauty around
No soul in sight.

No words to whisper
No rustle
Or step.
Cup my hands
To hold the moment
To feel the joy
To catch the lights
Count my blessings
Here and now
Everywhere tonight.

-------14.1.13

No comments:

Post a Comment