Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Silence 2

I hurl the chevron beads
Of life into the fire.
They light up
They crackle quiet
They melt
The cut glass of my heart.
The quartz in my voice,
The crystal liquid in my veins.
The smoke in my head
Curls and curls
Upwards
Through the corals of memory.
Through purple mists.
Through stained glass
light pouring in
from the shadows
of the soul.

The silence of the sunset.
The silence of the coral reef.
The silence of the sleeping forest.
Of the thunderclap
before it splinters
the horizon.
The silence in my heart.
The silence of your breath.
The slow waltz of the soul.
The silence of a promise
Never made before.
Wisps of whispers
In the silence of the night.
The invisible presence
Of your silence.
The quiet comfort of your silence.
The fullness of your silence.
The depth of your silence
Like the secret minefields of the earth
Laid bare to cosmic eyes
Away from the turbulence of surfaces.
The silence of me.
The silence of you.
The silence of the chevron beads
Of life hurled into the fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment